The Library is Closed in line with Government Guidance
The Library is Closed until 2nd December
During the current national lockdown, we would like to reassure you that any books or other items you already have on loan will be automatically extended until at least the 14th December. If you have items that are overdue, please log onto your account and renew them, as they will not be automatically extended and you may incur overdue charges.
Some library facilities are still available which we hope you will find helpful.
Reservations and Collections
- The Library Catalogue is available to order items on-line HERE
- You will be notified when your order is available for collection.
- The library porch door will be open for COLLECTION and RETURNS ONLY on;
Wednesday’s between 10.30 -11.30am, and Saturday’s between 2.30–3.30pm.
- Please place all book returns in the ‘RETURNS BOX’ in the lobby. They will be quarantined for 72 hours before being returned on your account.
- All existing loans will have their return date extended until the libraries re-open.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and be aware of any traffic outside the library.
- e-books, e-audio, e-magazines, e-newspapers & e-comics may be accessed from home with your library card. Please find details from the home page.
Free WiFi is available outside the library, please use the password ‘jurassic’ (case sensitive)
If you would like help ordering from the library catalogue please call
Keith on 01308 898008 or Rose on 01308 898049
- Returned items will remain on your account during a quarantine period of 72 hours. They will then be backdated to the actual return date.
- All the books have been quarantined for 72 hours before being made available for collection
- If you would like to become a member of the library, please ask for a joining form or Join on line.
- Digital resources (e books, e-audio, e-magazines, e-newspapers & e-comics) are free to access using your browser or free library App with your library card number.
- Volunteer and visitor safety is of paramount importance and a range of mitigating factors including social distancing, hand sanitising stations a perspex screen at the desk and regularly cleaning of all frequently touched areas will be undertaken.
- I hope you will understand that we are not accepting visitors currently.
- If you would like to find out more about the village, its history or search the archive material, please follow the links to Burton Bradstock village website, which holds a wealth of material past and present.
- We are currently unable to offer the use of public network PCs. Free Wi-Fi can be accessed outside the library using your own device.
- If you would like to become a member of the library, please Join on line.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE LIBRARY IF YOU FEEL UNWELL
If you know anyone who has used the library within the last 2 weeks, who tests positive to Coronavirus please contact one of the library trustees immediately, or phone 07887 533408 so we can take the appropriate action.